Sunday, April 25, 2010

Honesty is the Best Policy

So, as I have blog stalked the last few weeks, because I can't sleep, I have come across many people blogging about 10 things about themselves that most people don't know and that are at times scarily honest...I thought I would join the crowd, cuz who doesn't love a follower???

1. I am 27 this week and have never been in a long term relationship...not sure what this says about me, but it can't be good!

2. I have thought about serving a mission for my church, but fear that I don't know enough about the scriptures to do so.

3. I would give up going to grad school and all of the amazing traveling that I have done to have a significant other in my life. It sounds ridiculous I know....

4. I hate mayonnaise. I mean, really hate it. The look of it, the smell of it, the thought of it, even the word grosses me out. I put mustard in my tuna sandwiches even and try to steer clear of any sort of pasta salad, etc.

5. When I was around 7 years old, I had a hernia surgery. No idea how at 7 I got a hernia, but I did. I can remember waking up at home after surgery and I called for my parents. No one answered because they were outside. I remember crawling outside crying because I couldn't find them. My parents just laughed and brought me back inside.

6. For 2 1/2 years I was bulimic. I remember so vividly when my mom found out and decided to ask me about it. We were at Marie Callendar's and she randomly brought it up. I broke down in tears and had to leave the restaurant. I have fallen back into it occasionally, but am progressing!!

7. I love to learn about serial killers. haha I know it sounds weird. I have been fascinated by the minds of these people and what would cause them to commit such terrible murders. I have done a lot of reading, researching and even taken classes about criminal psychology. At one point, I thought about becoming a criminal profiler. Who knows, maybe I will come across some crazies in my counseling career.

8. I love my family so much. I miss being around them and sometimes think about moving back to Fresno just to be near them. I talk to my mom regularly and love our chats. I always know I will get the truth and brutalness(prob not a word) that I need.

9. I secretly wish that the popular beautiful girls I went to high school with will be fat at our 10 year reunion. Don't judge me!

10. This was really hard for me to do. I mostly keep my emotions inside me and only tell my closest friends these things. Well, now the whole world can see! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. 4:45AM - seriously, girl, you should take some sleeping pills or something. I have enjoyed reading this on lots of people's blogs too.

    2. You SHOULD serve a mission, and it you do NOT need to be a scriptorian. It will all come to you. Have a testimony and love people that's it.

    3. Some people when give up certain things to travel and go to grad school. ;) The grass is always greener on the other side.

    4. I hate mayo too!! Good thing you didn't go to El Salvador, they put it in EVERYTHING!

    7. You will defeinitley run into crazies in your career. Trust me.

    9. I wished that too, but what I found was that most of them acted like they were still IN high school. That was fun to laugh at too. My mom says just wait till the 20th, then it all goes to pot for everyone.

    10. I stayed closed off too. That's why we love the internet right? Easier to confess to strangers in oblivian than our nearest and dearest.

    btw, miss you and hope you are well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall respond:

    1. I'm 31 and no relationships . . . so there are probably more things wrong with me than you . . . but, I mean, if you're gonna be in a club, what better club than with me and Craig?

    2. I thought about a mission, but then I started having nightmares about being on one, so I took that as my answer. You should do whatever you feel is best. (FYI: Some boys leave on their mission without ever even reading the BOM! What is that about? Plus, most girls who go on missions are PSYCHO! So you're already better off than a huge chunk of the people who go . . . just a thought.)

    3. I don't know that I would give up everything I've done, because it makes me who I am now, and, if we're going for honesty, I'm totally in LOVE with who I am now . . . but I'd definitely be willing to derail everything that's going on now for the future Mr. Ashlee Green.

    4. I thought you hated mayo because it's moist? . . . (hear evil laugh).

    6. Totally been down the eating disorder road. I remember how crazy I felt the whole time. It was horrid. I don't ever wanna feel that way again. I remember one day I just decided I didn't want to feel that way anymore. I only had one relapse, but I really guard against it. Sometimes I still crave that hungry feeling . . . which is crazy.

    7. Perhaps you didn't know this, but my boyfriend, Matthew Gray Gubler, aka. Dr. Spencer Reid, profiles serial killers for the FBI's BAU . . . perhaps I should call him and you and I could follow him around on a case . . .

    9. Um, I will judge you, and I judge that you are a wise and kindred spirit.

    Are you coming to town for any of the weddings? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete