1. Getting into Grad School-This was probably one of the most stressful times of my life, but looking back I now realize that it was a great growing experience and taught me to be ok with rejection. I am still not fully over the idea of rejection in parts of my life, but this experience allowed me to grow in so many ways.
2. Experiencing Africa- I had always had the dream of going to Africa (probably because I love black men) and this was the year it happened. The 8 weeks I spent in Uganda and Rwanda were the most life changing and amazing weeks of my life. I saw things I never thought would be possible. The time I spent with the people of Uganda and the countryside I saw was brilliant. Most days I am happy to be in America, but there are the others where I long to be back among truly wonderful people.
3.My family- Since moving to Sacramento, I have struggled with finding/keeping an adequate job. My family has supported me in numerous ways and my mom is always a phone call away. I have cried many times to my mom and she seems to always know what to say and how to help me reevaluate. I am thankful for them and miss them every day!
4. My friends- I'm not gonna lie…I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I'm pretty sure I have the funniest group of friends ever and we always have so much fun together. I could list all of the reasons that I love them and miss them, but that would take too long. I just want them to know how much they mean to me and that I think about them every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment