Sunday, May 17, 2009

Upcoming!!!

I have the opportunity in just 3 weeks to go to Uganda for 8 weeks to provide humanitarian services. I have never wanted something more in my life. I can't express how thankful I am for this opportunity and how excited I am to learn more about their culture and how we can help them succeed. Each day I check the blogs of those that are already there and catch up on all of the interesting things they are doing. While I am there, I will be able to work with the children in orphanages, teach AIDS prevention, build adobe stoves and garden boxes and work alongside selfless people.

Many of my friends and family have joked with me about how I will be able to handle the heat and lack of resources. I am actually looking forward to living with less and relying on my inner strength and others to get through this. While reading the blogs, I found out that we will have running water occasionally and that there will be about 30 of us in one house. It will definitely be an adjustment, but I am thrilled that I get to have this experience. I will be flying out of Fresno June 8th and will arrive in Uganda June 10th. It will be a really long flight!!!

I will be sure to keep this blog updated regularly of all the projects we are doing.

Thank you to all of you that have supported me in this endeavor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment