Friday, May 29, 2009

One Week Left!!!

I am freaking out right about now, cuz I leave in one week for Uganda. I know I am stressed because I can't sleep, had to go to the chirpractor and physical therapist in one day and I got a really hot looking cold sore on my lip. I think my body is telling me to slow down!!! All of this aside, I am totally stoked about the 8 weeks I get to spend there. I am officially a blog stalker... I check the country directors blog way too often for updates. I need to find something else to fill my time.

Also, this next week is my last week as an Instructional Assistant at Clovis West High School to emotionally disturbed teens. I have been here for 3 years and have had so many great learning experiences, and it has really helped me to discover what I want to do with the rest of my life. I have worked with many students and had some quite interesting experiences. I can remember back to when I first started working and one of the guys got really upset and tore the head off a stuffed bunny and started throwing chairs. Lets just say, I was a little freaked out at the moment. (Did I mention I worked with teenagers who have emotional problems?) I have loved this job so much and will miss the students and most of all Andrea(my boss and second mom). We think so much alike and she really pushed me to further my career and move on with life. I owe a lot of my future experiences to her.

I finally found a place to live in Sacramento. I spent last Saturday looking at a few different places and found a girl that has a 3 bedroom townhouse. I am so excited to move in in August. She seemed really cool and laid back and the house is so cute. It is gonna be weird living somewhere new where I know no one, but I am excited to meet new people and find fun things to do in a new town.

Be sure to check back frequently, as I hope to update this blog with all of our adventures in Uganda!!!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! the townhouse girl! I'm so excited for you...! Uh, please lets get together quickly before you go. Sorry I've been so sick and busy. For sure this week sista!

    So happy for your new adventure. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete