Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Help International


So last week I turned in my application to go to Uganda for the summer through a program called Help International. On Monday I get a call that they wanted to do a phone interview. I do the phone interview and they tell me that I will find out within the next few days if I am accepted. I checked my email today and lo and behold there is an email from them. I was accepted to the volunteer program for the summer for 8 weeks. I am so stoked and cannot wait to go. My mom keeps teasing me, saying that she doesn't know how I will survive on weird food, but I think I will be fine as long as I don't have to eat Mayonnaise. Yuck! So, I will be leaving around June 10th and won't be back till August. I will keep you all updated on the proceedings!!!!

4 comments:

  1. totally didnt know you had a blog! This is totally exciting! What a great opportunity for you! Time sure does fly, to be honest I cant believe how big Duncan is ethier or that I am having another one! oh well I guess you cant be totally prepared or you would never have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plz bring me back something cool and bring yourself back a hot african man!

    SO extremely excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! How exciting!! Good luck. And, I doubt they even HAVE mayonaise there . . . so you're probably safe . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAY! So glad you have a blog! I agree with Stacey, you GOTTA bring back a boy from Africa. Youre going to have like a million to choose from!

    nails we can do whenever, but lunch needs to happen ASAP!

    ReplyDelete